Effective date: 5, 2015
This privacy statement applies to www.hotelrossemi.com owned and operated by Hotel Rossemi. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information provided on our website: www.hotelrossemi.it. It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We may change this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep up with updates
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information we collect include:
- Your name, surname, email address, telephone number and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
- Information on guests' stay, including arrival and departure dates, special requests made, comments on your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information provided regarding marketing preferences or in the course of participation in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, the browser you are using and the information on your computer's operating system, the application version, the settings of the language and the pages that have been shown to you If you use a mobile device, we may also collect data identifying the mobile device, the device-specific settings and the latitude / longitude characteristics and details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites the reservation was made. If this data can identify you as an individual, this data is considered personal information that is subject to this privacy statement.
You can always choose which personal information (if any) you wish to provide us with. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of the transactions with us may be affected.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: we use your personal information to complete and administer your online booking and to send you a confirmation email, a pre-arrival email and provide information about the area and our accommodation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal information to provide customer support.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to email you to write a review of guests after your stay. This can help other travelers to choose the most suitable accommodation for them.
- Marketing activities: we use your information also for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: there may be other times when we contact each other by e-mail, by post, by phone or by text message, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may have to answer and handle the requests you've made.
- If you have not finalized an online booking, we may send you a reminder via e-mail to continue with your booking. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to continue your booking without having to search for accommodation again or enter all the booking details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review of your experience with our website.
- Respecting legal and regulatory obligations: we may use personal information to comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we can use your personal information to identify and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improvement of our services: finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, improve the user experience and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with third parties as indicated below.
- Third-party service providers: we may use service providers to process your personal information strictly on our behalf. Such processing would take place for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending marketing materials or analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not authorized to use personal data for their own purposes or for other purposes.
- Competent Authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies and other governmental authorities to the extent that this is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
Storage of personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem necessary to provide you with services, comply with applicable laws (including those relating to the retention of documents), resolve disputes with any parties and, if necessary, allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What is a cookie?
We try to offer you an advanced and easy-to-use website based on your needs and desires. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for the proper functioning of our website.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively.
- Analysis cookies: we use these cookies to obtain information on how you use the website, to find out what works and what does not, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure that we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we collect includes the web pages you have viewed, which pages of reference / exit you have entered and left from, what kind of platform you have used, date and time information and details such as the number of times you do clicking on a particular page, mouse movements and scrolling activity and typed text while using our website. These analytical cookies can collect personal information.
How long do our cookies remain active?
The cookies we use have a variable life span, depending on the purpose for which the cookie is used. The maximum duration we have set on some is five years from your last visit to our website. You can delete all cookies from your browser whenever you want.
Do we use third-party cookies?
Yes, we use the services of third-party providers for analytical purposes, for example via Booking.com. These analytical tracking technologies include: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. Booking.com may also insert cookies for their own purposes as further described in http://www.booking.com/content/privacy.html. The information traced is used within the Hotel Rossemi in marketing automation, in customer relations management and in business intelligence systems. These technologies are used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movements around the site and gather demographic information on our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregate basis. The suppliers we use are committed to establishing responsible management practices and standards of data.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on the browser you use. You can access the "Help" function in your browser to find the settings they need.
What security procedures do we have in place to safeguard your personal information?
We use the appropriate corporate systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any personal information provided to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are authorized to access personal information in the course of their work.
Access to information
How can you check the personal information you have provided?
You have the right to review the personal information we hold about you. You can request an overview of your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. Please kindly write "Request personal information" in the subject of your email.
We ask you to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If the personal information we have about you is incorrect, not updated or no longer relevant for the purposes collected, we will update or remove it at your request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as keeping records or detecting fraudulent activity.
Hotel Rossemi controls the processing of personal data collected from the website and through cookies. Rossemi Hotel in Via Roberto Rossellini 2. If you have suggestions, requests or comments on privacy, personal information, cookies and how we handle personal information, you can send an email to email@example.com.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
- Booking.com: We've teamed up with Booking.com B.V., located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereafter Booking.com) to offer you our online reservation services. While we provide the content to this website and you make a reservation directly with us, the reservations are processed through Booking.com. The information you enter into this website will therefore also be shared with Booking.com and its affiliates. This information may include personal data including your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you, and any preferences you specified when making a booking. To find out more about the Booking.com corporate family, visit About Booking.com.
- BookingSuite: Your personal data may be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company which operates this website and the website suite.booking.com. BookingSuite will provide your information, which may include personal data, to Booking.com for the purposes described above.